Grande forks disassembled themselves

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

On my bravo with grande forks, on the right side the piece that connects to the wheel fell off of the upper tube. Fluid leaked out, I put it back together but if I take off the wheel and lift up the forks, it happens again. The little rubber boot won’t fit over, and I’m just wondering if these set of forks are done, or if I need to replace the fluid that leaked

Re: Grande forks disassembled themselves

There shouldn't be any fluid in Grande forks, just grease. That holds them together as far as I know is that they sort of screw in to the springs. Something inside catches the spring and threads into it. How did you put it back together? You should be twisting the tube to put them together.

Ike is right . I just happened to see a manual and that's how the forks are held together . The spring ... both upper and lower screw onto the spring .

Just make sure that bath sides are the same length before re-mounting them .

That^ and grease , of course . ;)

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

Huh well it was really thin grease then, it looked like either transmission fluid or hydraulic fluid

> Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Huh well it was really thin grease then, it looked like either

> transmission fluid or hydraulic fluid

Could be that's all the lube the PO had . Better than nothing .

I'd just clean things and apply a decent grease , then screw everything together . ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account