New here! - Bought a 1993 Bullet (A3) - wont start

Joshua Lynch /

Hi all, I've searched the posts and one question is it OK to put some gas/oil mix in the spark plug hole to try to start up?

Besides rusty gas tank, it seems like it wants to start, confirmed spark and air pushing from plug hole. FOlks I bought it from had it tuned up 2 years ago and was running, then sat in garage with gas for two years.

Unfortunalty it's the model with the carb behind engine, so it will suck to get to it, although there was a break in the seal from carb to air filter, I think I got it back on.

Re: New here! - Bought a 1993 Bullet (A3) - wont start

> Joshua Lynch Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> is it OK to put some

> gas/oil mix in the spark plug hole to try to start up?

>

Yes . Not too much . About a tea spoon worth is all that's needed .

You'll very likely have to pull the carb for a thorough cleaning .

Use a paper in line fuel filter even after the tank gets cleaned .

gas oil mix in a squirt bottle is how I do it.

you might be able to clean the float bowl without taking the carb out and blast it with brake cleaner and compressed air.

those carbs are pretty easy to remove after you've done it a few times using the tilt down method. it involves removing the two forward bolts holding the motor and loosen the rear bolt so the motor tilts down.

First you have to remove the rear bolt holding the exhaust, loosen the rear wheel and slide it forward so there is slack in the chain, put a couple wood blocks on the floor underneath so the motor won't tilt down too far and rip out ur wires.

Then remove the two engine bolts, loosen the rear one and lower the front end down gently to make sure your wood blocks are high enough to support the motor

i'm sure there's threads on this that may explain it better if you do a search

but that's the jist of it

Joshua Lynch /

Thanks all! Found a tear in the tubing from carb to air filter...gonna try to replace it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account