Peugeot 103 - clutch problems

Art Vandelay /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi there,

I have a Peugeot TSA (103 Engine) and I'm completely baffled by a problem I'm having. The clutch is always engaged, meaning the moped won't idle and I can't push it freely. The rear wheel locks, so when you turn it the engine also turns over.

I have disassembled and reassembled several times according to Cheetachrome's wiki and no luck. In frustration, I ordered a brand new clutch from Treats https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=peugeot-stock-variator

... and unfortunately the SAME thing is happening. All is good - the variator spins freely inside the bell - until I do the final tighten on the nut, and then I lose free spin and the variator will only spin along with the clutch bell - turning over the engine.

Has anybody had a similar issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account