Bing 85/12/104A Cleaning, Anyone have a parts diagram?

Hello guys, so I've been having some acceleration problems and I figured I should at least try to clean the carb before I go insane trying to take apart the clutch. I've watched a bunch of videos of cleaning bing carbs on puch bikes, but after a little research I've learned that my 85/12/104 is a little unusual in that it doesn't have a throttle needle. This made me a little worried and I'm trying to read up on everything I can before taking this sucker apart, but I can only find info on the 85/12/101

Does anyone have any advise or know where I can find a diagram for this carb? I've been on mopedjunkyard, sachs manuals, bing manuals, but I can't seem to find teardown diagrams of this little thing.

Thank you, here's hoping this will be my last repair

The attached image is for a Bing 85/12/101, it was the best teardown I could find but its still not the right carb

Bing 101 carb.jpg

Re: Bing 85/12/104A Cleaning, Anyone have a parts diagram?

The carb is all together now , right ?

Do you only buy piece numbered puzzles ?

Tear the thing apart and see what makes it tick .

Just be very meticulous . Lay things out as they come apart , in an order that you can easily put them back where they came from .

Clean every thing , all the while think about what the carb does and how it gets the job done . Look for anything that seems out of place .

When/if you find that thing , definitely ask . ;)

I have that carb on my 505C and have taken apart numerous times. Take plenty of pics and take notes, if you can avoid taking the petcock apart do so. Yours is the 104 A and it will have a rubber tipped float valve.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account