1976 Garelli

Pick this up and it had spark but the boot end was cut off. Tried to start it after cleaning the carb and it wasn’t starting so I grabbed the plug end wire and gave it a peddle and yep still spark but right after that I lost the spark. Have power to the coil and kill switch lights but no spark at all. Think maybe the coil Burt out some how ?

B627A6F0-626A-4E67-91A1-9C0AC1FEE7B1.jpeg

Re: 1976 Garelli

service your points yet?

Clean those points, and it could be a bad condenser if you dont have spark after cleaning your points. If you are going to purchase a condenser you may as well get a new spark plug boot. Those crazy stock ones with the expose metal are not great. The ceramic in them tends to break down and break off. Get a good ngk.

What’s weird is that I had great spark until I zapped myself double checking spark (lol) and then it was gone

Maybe you dislodged the HT wire from the coil what you over charged your heart .

I adjust the points to 0.15 and I have a light spark coming from the plug but still not good enough to fire the moped. I’ll grab a new plug since this one is old. Yeah was trying to get the rhythm of my heart in check. Lol.

Nice Garelli here! Just got 1980's mine yesterday !

I would be fine with my heart beating to the rhythm of moped.

Lmfao

Kevin Bishop /

At a rally a kid was having problems with his Garelli and I offered help. I told him to lick his fingers and hold the plug while he kicked it over to check for spark. I stopped him last second so he didn’t zap himself. He just looked at me and said I didn’t know... I was kidding I thought he would know it’s called a spark plug for a reason

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account