Shortcut Method to Bleeding Oil Injection in Urban Express?

Amodo Ko /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The last time I bled the oil injection system in a Honda Urban Express, I did it the way the manual stated. It wasn't hard but it was messy. I have another Urban Express that is going to need to be bled too since it was sitting for years without any oil in the system at all. The tank and the oil lines were totally dry, so I was thinking... to bleed the oil injection system couldn't you just fill the oil tank up with 2 stroke oil and fill the gas tank with 50:1 premix instead of just normal gasoline, and drive the moped till the injection system pumps all the air bubbles out and starts to just pump pure oil? I would think if I ran the moped through one tank of premix that should be enough to bleed the oil system without having to get my hands dirty. Anything risky or wrong with this method? Or am I missing something here? Thanks in advance

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account