I NEED HELP ON THIS

wesley tkalcic /

Hi guys, I have a 1987 Garelli ssxl. Super slow but eh it’s a neighborhood ride around! I am in desperate need of a seat cover, don’t need full seat as there is only one tear. I’m putting white wall tires on it, and think it would be cool to have a white seat cover, or rainbow, or something fun for the summer! if not OEM works fine, can someone send me a link to possibly a white seat cover? or anything!

5D9AD0A9-CBE3-4795-B187-874914AE98A3.jpeg

Re: I NEED HELP ON THIS

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

If all you really want to do is recover it you'd have better luck looking for a motorcycle upholsterer close to you than finding a new seat cover. In my experience this costs $30-50 depending on the seat and it's condition.

There are a couple garelli seat covers on ebay, but you'd have to figure out if they'd work on your specific bike model.

Treats has a white seat that costs about as much as much the covers on eBay, but again, you'd have to double check that it works with your bike.

Was a dude recently doing seat covers here on M.A. But alas the search function sucks balls!!!

Kevin Bishop /

Yeah what happened to the search function it was better before they”improved “ it.

Buy some vinyl and make your own. Anyone who’s good with a sewing machine can use your old cover as a pattern, make a new one. I attached a picture of my homemade cover on my Motron—even reused the rear panel with “MOTRON” on it. If you don’t know anyone, PM me and I may be able to help you out, if you don’t mind paying a modest amount for sewing and some shipping back and forth. Oh, and if you don’t mind not having the original, embossed pattern in the cover.

F79C1E33-0CCC-4FA3-A55F-F95C9FE5EF58.jpeg

Pushrod Fifty /

I found a woman at my job that did sewing and got 2 covers made up for cheap.

2nd (or 4th?) having one made. upholstery shop will have no issue doing you up however you want. those seat covers all rip and there arent any replacements I know of so the good seats with good covers fetch a good buck. just have it reupholstered in your style of choosing. maybe find someone on here if you post in buy/sell, or support your local uphostery shop

Yes to what hepatitis says. I just had mine done at a auto upholsterer today. Cost 90.00. other shops wanted 180.00

Still need a crankshaft.

brownGarelli.jpg

I know I follow a guy on Instagram that sees moped seat covers. You send him your old one for him to make a pattern from. He can also use the back panel so it says garelli. He also adds in the rib padding in the middle of the seat. Quality work for sure!

@moped_seat_dude

Have fun!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account