Suzuki fa50 carb removal help

Cleaning the carb on my ‘83 or ‘84 Suzuki fa50 and there is an piece I cannot disconnect for some reason, I don’t know what it is and I can’t find any posts about it. It’s loose just seems like it’s connected inside, I’ve seen one diagram that the valve starter is in there. How do I get it disconnect so I can clean the carb? Thanks (edited)

550140B8-17F7-4FAF-ACE6-3A66515A232D.jpeg

Re: Suzuki fa50 carb removal help

It's suppose to thread in and out .

But , your's looks cocked to the side , so ???

It just spins and spins and it’s cocked cause it’s loose. It’s like the nut is free but it’s connected down inside. Thanks though

Then it's time for a little force .

The plunger is suppose to just slide straight up and out .

Post a pic when you get it , so we can see the damage .

Gee whiz, I’ll get to work then

if its anything like a regular choke then it has a little end that slides into a plunger. squirt some penetrating oil in there and let it sit for a while, some tapping and blast some air into the pick up jet for it. its one of the tubes just below. then look for the parts for an hour.

Thanks guys, I got it out with some wiggling and force. The whole carb is pretty nasty. The choke cable is fine but do you think the component is salvageable or needs to be replaced. I’ll include images.

9F78EB9A-6007-4F8A-A2F8-76CAF409661C.jpeg

I see the chock plunger in that hole .

Unless you can get that out without deforming it much , you may be better off with a different carb .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account