Motori Minarelli V1 plastic housing attaching bolt/nut

Michael Branscombe /

The bolt that attaches the exterior fan housing to the interior fan housing … it threads into a little fitting that is inside the interior housing. I had 2 of the bolts snap off in those, so - I punched them out. I was thinking of drilling them out, but if they are readily available I'd rather just put a new set of 4 in with new bolts when I reassemble it. Anyone know what those are? I looked in a service manual for the motor, but that little bolt is not represented in the parts list as far as I can tell.

Re: Motori Minarelli V1 plastic housing attaching bolt/nut

I'm not sure there is a replacement part for them. Your two options may just be to get another housing part or go with nuts and bolts. The two housing parts are both hard to find and DOS and Treatland don't always have those in. When in stock, all 3 fan parts run over $75.

Michael Branscombe /

yea, I may try to drill them out if I can't find new ones. my guess is they are a standard piece, usually engineers just used common hardware, but identifying it can be tricky. I'll probably bring one to my local hardware store and see if they can place it as well.

are u talking about the molded nut or the phillips bolt? I wanna say its m3 or m4 fine.

Michael Branscombe /

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> are u talking about the molded nut or the phillips bolt? I wanna say its

> m3 or m4 fine.

the little molded nut

maybe a flanged nut then

https://www.mcmaster.com/flange-nuts/surface-mount-nuts/thread-type~metric/

im thinking skateboard rail nut, furniture nut.

Michael Branscombe /

just found basic bolt/nut combo for this. only thing I can think I might do is pack the hole where the little fitted nut was with aluminum foil or something like that - to distribute the force/vibrations etc, so the housing doesn't crack from using makeshift hardware.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account