Suzuki fa50 carb question

I have a question about the overflow nipple on the bottom of the bowl. There is a hose on the side of the carb next to the fuel line. Is the unconnected end of that hose supposed to attach onto the overflow nipple, or is the nipple supposed to be left alone? Thanks

In the photo Iā€™m holding the hose and you can barely see the nipple under the carb.

image.jpg

Re: Suzuki fa50 carb question

the overflow hose off the top side just dangles, the nipple on the bottom is a drain.

Ok thanks

I have a question on the carb as well but didn't want to start another thread so here ya go.

Mine seems just slightly different than the one in the service manual and the one on the blow up of cycle parts.

Is this the correct carb?

Also I've never done anything with carbs before and am wondering, I've got it torn down from this point, where do I go next?

I've only removed these pieces and sprayed with carb cleaner so I can clean

Any help appreciated or yall at me and make me start my own thread xD

Completely tore down and rebuilding an 85 fa50

20200628_174847.jpg
20200628_174913.jpg
20200628_174920.jpg

Where's the left mounting ear?

I doubt you'll be able to get a decent seal at that junction without it .

I'd be looking for another complete carb body .

It was covered in epoxy when I got it so I'll be running this one with jbweld until I get a new one.

Super ghetto ped

Currently curing, then sanding šŸ˜„

20200628_235909.jpg

That's not gonna work man. It'll be airleak city right up until it seizes your engine.

Hopefully that will hold long enough for you to get another body .

If it were a very rare body , it could be welded and the reinforced with a piece of flat stock welded on and drilled to match . But , bodies are available , so ...

Itll be frankenfine for now

sheez, poor moped, atleast secure it tight w some bailing wire and gasket seal.

« Go to Topics ā€” end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account