Airbox filling with oil

Jamie R /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Bike is a 78 Cimatti Gran Prix XL with a V1

When I first bought it the airbox was full of some sort of black liquid. It was probably oil but it wasn't very viscous and just poured out easily. Probably oil and gas or maybe condensation - not totally sure. I didn't think much of it at the time.

Now whenever I take off my airbox I can find about a teaspoons worth of blueish 2 stroke oil in the bottom of the airbox (I have the larger one with the two holes facing backward as pictured).

It's not a huge deal because It's a large airbox and I can just keep wiping the oil out of it, but I wanted to know if this was an indication of a larger issue.

It's all oil, no gas mixed in, very viscous. I did have some issues running too much oil but I've leaned it out and now the bike rides great so it could be from that.

Thanks for any help

20200420_164341.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account