Smart minds needed

I have a Sach moped and I’m unsure on what engine it uses, where to find the correct wiring diagram....just stuff in general about it. I really want to get it running before summers end but need Alittle help doing so

E32EB8CE-4CC9-470B-B816-99F009E0000A.jpeg
E65BD19F-61CD-446A-87E6-CBA9EE60B16A.jpeg
7CF8B87B-B3F3-407A-B929-46A1DF02FDE5.jpeg

Re: Smart minds needed

There's a plate on the right hand side of the engine case that gives you the information about the motor

if you want your moped to run, take a look in the wiki and read freds guide and work on learning what things are called and how they work and state what you have and have not done. summers just starting but it ain't gonna start by itself. whatever u do, atleast plug that oil injection port on that phva.

This is all I seen. The moped isn’t with me right now but these are the pictures I have at the moment

52DCCC06-B622-4A3E-AA5F-BA7249F564F4.jpeg
E6E35C80-C474-4DC2-AFC2-415FB8A2188C.jpeg

im not sure what the oil injection port and phva looks like. I tried researching it but im coming up dry

Kevin Bishop /

Looks like a 505 d but could be a c or b. Sundancer I could be wrong. Oil injection brass thingy poking out the carb dog.

> Kevin Bishop Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Looks like a 505 d but could be a c or b. Sundancer I could be wrong.

> Oil injection brass thingy poking out the carb dog.

It is most definitely a 504, it says it right on the cases and the pedals are separate from the motor

Kevin Bishop /

Missed that pic. I thought all 504 had the tapered jug. My bad the pedals were a dead give away.

Thank you. Now my other concern is figuring out how to find the right wiring diagram which I’m trying to find now

> Reginald Parris Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you. Now my other concern is figuring out how to find the right

> wiring diagram which I’m trying to find now

Go to sunday morning motors for the wiring and repair manual for free download.

5 wire stator?

Blue ignition

Black coil

Green w blk tail light

Green tail light

Gray horn?

fuck me i just wrote a big reply and lost it.

it's a sachs westlake (or sundancer, theres a few versions of that frame) with a 504/1a motor that looks like they swapped a D cylinder and piston onto, and then made that janky ass intake to a dellorto PHVA carb. That carb can totally work on there but isnt original, it came on bikes with oil injection and the little brass nipple on the side is where the oil would have pumped in to mix with the gas going in - you will need to cap that nipple off or it'll make an airleak and not run right.

Wiring, search the wiki for sachs wiring diagrams, it should match this one: https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/File:Westlake.gif

Should be 4 wires from that stator: Yellow, Green, Blue and Blue/black (or green/black)

To get it to run, easiest is run blue directly to the ignition coil and ground the green and the green/black. That'd make the brakelight not work, but omits a common issue where it wont spark when the brakelight is blown. Yellow is lights, you can worry about that later once it's running. If it still doesnt spark, clean the points.

Read through Fred's guide - it's an excellent troubleshooting wlakthrough that covers about 99% of your possible issues and how to fix them.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Fred%27s_Guide

So I took off the ignition coil. I see the 4 wires. I’ll connect the dark blue wire to the port where the other dark blue wire is located but now I want take the strator cap off so look into the flywheel but unsure on how to do so

177056A6-0D1F-46E6-B473-F34A395DE25C.jpeg
CEDFCD55-6F23-4350-8757-39695D90D10A.jpeg
1BC4A82D-49F4-4DE0-B4ED-5FC24A0F9474.jpeg

Also I’m trying to find this make shift part you’re referring too. This is my first moped I’m working on so it’s hard to see what you’re talking about

If you see that indent at the top of the cover there is another under side..i go to the opposite side with a quarter inch extention and hammer and gentle tap it off..it is just pushed on

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account