Cracked throttle/brake handle

I have no $ for a new assembly right now, anyone have an idea for a temporary fix? I need to get the handle on tight so I can twist the throttle.

1593205295217684383504743343280.jpg
15932053925326013151996458514264.jpg

Re: Cracked throttle/brake handle

TERRY GORDON /

J B Weld Fixed A Plastic Chair That My Brother Sat On And Broke. Was Broken Now Very sturdy. Fixing Window Screen Frame Now. Awesome Stuff. Terry

If you had a small pair of vice grip pliers you could grab whats left of the clamp between the jaws and clamp it tight to the bars. It will look ridiculous but it might get you around till you can drum up money or someone could send along the replacement part.

What is that a Domino style?

> TERRY GORDON Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> J B Weld Fixed A Plastic Chair That My Brother Sat On And Broke. Was

> Broken Now Very sturdy. Fixing Window Screen Frame Now. Awesome Stuff.

> Terry

Jb weld will not fix this. I like the vice grip fix idea.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Not fixing this correctly is a safety issue.

You should spend the $25 to get this corrected before you take this on the rode.

If it were mine ...

I'd simply put the broken piece back where it came from and tighten it .

Then drill directly through the piece and into the handlebar . Tap for a set screw or small bolt and tighten that .

That will keep the throttle from moving and can easily be replaced with a proper clamp when a new one arrives . ;)

PD has about as good an idea as you could get.

Just remember, if you do that, it can still break again.

A distraction like that while riding can be very dangerous. Expect it to break. Have a plan for it so you aren’t surprised, if it happens, and crash.

I tried a small clamp but it could get a good grip, I'll try a vice pliers. Thanks

I don't want to spend 25 on a junky replacement that will break soon. I want a quality part which costs more. And I don't have 25 now anyway. Next month.

Very creative, thanks. If the vice pliers doesn't work, maybe I'll do your idea.

Ok, cheetah, this is the set up, I already had an old mirror clamp on so I put a small bolt thru the hole on the throttle assembly and clamped them in the vise. It's super tight. The small vise wouldn't fit so this is it. Going to add some zip ties so the vise doesn't hit me in the face if it flies off.

IMG_20200628_022605.jpg

What moped are you working on..i know times are hard for some now and maybe.i can help...i can't tell from the pics.....i have several laying around and might have a throttle assembly i can send you

It’s a maxi. I think I have parts at home too but I’m nowhere near that right now.

> Papa _ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It’s a maxi. I think I have parts at home too but I’m nowhere near that

> right now.

Thanks. I wasn't sure and thought if i had something to help out i would do what i could..i don't have anything maxi but if anybody knows of something simular that will work maybe i have that

That is an AWESOME on the fly repair.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Right up there as the launch lever throttle and a pullstart launch lever...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account