Head light and tail light went out - Puch Maxi

I had been riding around last afternoon/evening for a few hours on my puch maxi and I noticed that both my headlight and tail light had stopped working. They had been working perfectly fine up to that point. The brake light is still functioning properly. What do you think the issue is and where should I look first? Not sure if it’s worth adding, but I had been using my horn more than I usually do. Thanks!

Re: Head light and tail light went out - Puch Maxi

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Possibly, both Bulbs blown. If you have a '78 or later model Maxi, your tail light has two bulbs. Check the bottom bulb for a broken element. Check headlight bulb for broken element as well. May just be a coincidence. Horn has no bearing on the lights.

If your headlight bulb blows, the taillight goes out. The taillight coil is excited by the active headlight circuit.

Thanks. Just checked out the headlight bulb and it was indeed blown. Threw a new bulb in there and sure enough the taillight turned on too. Thanks for the tip!

I learned the hard way. Also, never replace with a 12 volt bulb to “get by”, same problem.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account