Vespa Grande bent fork tubes

uhh, are they supposed to be bent? like to add extra rake to the fork? i can't imagine this would actually be true, but i saw another post where OP asks about this: https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,4146736

if so, is there a trick to aligning them? 'cause you have to rotate the lowers 90deg or so to get them to lock on to the springs and it's a huge pain in the ass.

one more: is it normal that the bottom part of the triple tree doesn't actually pinch the fork tubes and they rotate freely even if you crank down the pinch bolts? i'm starting to think my front end is fucked.

Re: Vespa Grande bent fork tubes

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

The fender aligns them, and you can keep screwing until it faces the right direction, the rake isn’t factory, and with my triple trees, the center post that connects to the bike has a bearing on it, so even if you crank it it will still spin

Re: Vespa Grande bent fork tubes

> Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The fender aligns them, and you can keep screwing until it faces the

> right direction, the rake isn’t factory, and with my triple trees, the

> center post that connects to the bike has a bearing on it, so even if

> you crank it it will still spin

i guess what i'm trying to say is that the bend in the fork tubes is such that if you don't rotate them the same way in the triple tree, the lowers are way out of alignment which causes the wheel to not sit straight.

ah, and i mean the bottom tree pinch bolts. one of the fork tubes spins in them even when the bolt is cranked.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account