JCP Swinger 2 timing and results

Mike Pavlik /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Still very new to the game, and after fiddling with the clone 12mm carb, I was good at wot, running fine, but 1/4-3/4 throttle would cause it to run wrong, seemed rich around 1/4 throttle and I think it was 4 stroking around 1/2-3/4 throttle so I wanted to go back and adjust timing (should’ve done first maybe but I was a little nervous about messing with timing)

After much frustration, and wanting to set the whole damn thing on fire when the points wouldn’t open, finally set timing to 17 btdc. Idled to warmup and then gave it throttle and noticed two new things:

1) Rear wheel used to constantly spin while idling on stand, now it doesn’t at all,

2) Plumes of whitish-gray smoke shoot out the exhaust now, much more than before.

Aside from the timing, I didn’t adjust anything else. Trying to figure out if it’s too rich now? Thinking of doing a plug chop but wanted to see if I’m missing something that should be done first?

Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Sidenote: image was spark plug before adjusting timing. Seemed black and sooty like too rich, not sure though.

50165A2C-464A-4B1D-B50A-EBA0E2415812.jpeg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account