Re: JCP Swinger 2 timing and results

Mike Pavlik /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thanks for the response! Damn clone carb...I did order the mlm velocity stack air filter with the jets the other day, think that’ll work? Also got a 224 atomizer because there weren’t any 222’s on treats.

As far as the timing, I did set it according to that wiki. I used a screwdriver though so it may be a little off but I marked and re-marked the actual screw driver when searching for tdc to try and make it accurate. Will go back and check again and get a timing light before jetting.

Got the original JCP bill of sale from ‘79 and I can’t remember exactly but thought it said 2hp on there, will have to double check. Cleaned the exhaust pipe of a lot of deposits, no huge buildup but it needed a wire brush scrubbing. Thanks again! Will update when the parts come in and send some shots!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account