Sachs moped dies when hot.

Barry Carloni /

I was told to clean the exhaust pipe. How exactly is a ton. I saw on YouTube, people used to blow torches. There's got to be another way.

Re: Sachs moped dies when hot.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Bad condenser would be my guess.

I cleaned my Sachs exhaust pipe in a bonfire this past weekend. Worked great. A coat or two of high heat paint and it will be like new.

Yeah just lay the pipe in a fire pit for a bit. Or maybe one of those propane torches would work, and be fun!

I tried the fire a couple times . Neither time worked worth a train flattened slug .

I have found oven cleaner to be pretty effective , without burning the neighborhood down . ;)

Terbo Speghetti /

Putting it in a fire works fine if you're not a coward. Gotta have a nice hot bed of coals to put it on, and put a burning log or two on top. You'll see fire spurting out the end in no time.

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Putting it in a fire works fine if you're not a coward. Gotta have a

> nice hot bed of coals to put it on, and put a burning log or two on top.

> You'll see fire spurting out the end in no time.

What do you do with any of the leftover chunks inside after the blast furnace ?

Fires are great to warm a cool evening and roast a few brats , but , it's pretty barbaric for cleaning the inside of an exhaust .

And , cowardliness has absolutely nothing to do with it .

^ knock em out. the fire burns it all down to some residual petcoke. anything tar or goopey gets vaporized/pyrolized and the H2/CO ignites once it gets to the pipe end and has enough O2 to flare. The residual bits are carbon that takes a lot longer to burn out, or the residual inorganics in the soot, but once the tar's burnt out the rest knocks free pretty easily.

With your sachs, theres a m6 (10mm nut) on the end of the baffle allowing you to pull the back half of the pipe out and clean it pretty easily.

But depending on how it dies, I suspect your issue is probably either some tuning problems or an electrical issue (suspicion = condenser) as that's a common symptom of a bad condenser. If its' dying completely shut off dead, probably condenser, if it's just losing power and bogging, probably you have an airleak or part clogged carb. but yea pipe may be part of it? not my first target tho

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Bad condenser would be my guess.

And if its not, it wont hurt to have a spare anyway because they do go bad.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account