Jawa 210 clutch is hard to engage

Bryan West /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have a Jawa 210 that I have been fixing up. I finally got a replacement Thyristor in this weekend and got in stalled, verified that the plug was sparking. It wouldn't start up so I took the carb apart and saw it had a good amount of white cheese like deposits built up, so I ran it through the ultrasonic and just reinstalled it. Also while tinkering with it, I ended up spraying some penetrating lube on the backside of the clutch to try and get it to catch sooner, but it seems to have had the opposite effect. Now I have to pedal like a madman to get the alternator to start spinning. Does anyone know what I would need to do/adjust to get it so the autoclutch starts to kick in with a minimal amount of pedaling?

So far I've been using a drill gun in reverse on the clutch flywheel to try and start it up. The engine will start rumbling , the lights will turn on, but it doesn't ever seem to really turn over and start idling on its own. When I inspected the sparkplug for a spark, I was getting one, but it wasn't the brightest spark I've ever seen. I may take off the cylinder head to make sure everything inside is clean as the next step.

Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account