Seat re-upholstery. Any suggestions ~ Ideas

Jai Dot /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Any ideas on seat reupholstery would be appreciated. Places in the NY/BK area would be of particular interest.

My bike got subjected to the cruel temps of NYC last winter after the cover was stolen in the late summer. The seat finally cracked after 37 years. I had to go the Black gaffers tape route. No, Im not an uncaring owner; I was away since December 2018 doing Masters work in Argentina.

The frame has over 4000 miles clocked on the speedo but it was always stored in doors or under a cover. I want to get the bike looking good again and making the seat comfy. It's a "sleeper" style of bike restoration so I really don't want a perfect new shinny seat; it would not match the tank.

Funny thing is I'm getting ready to part with the bike. and, NO, Im not trying to jack the price up by fixing the seat. I just still Love to work on/make better a bike that has given joy and excitement for so long. I want to assure that the new buyer gets a hassle free, totally functioning ride that is decent to look at. Even might entice them to do a paint job/ strip down type rebuild kinda thing. The bike deserves it too.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account