2008 Tomos A55 Clutch....is it adjustable?

Mark Anderson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Just got a 2008 Tomos LX with an A55 running. Jets in the carb were basically coated in jelly...lol. Got the tank soaking now. I was able to take her for a quick zip around the parking lot running fresh gas and filter before I took the tank off.

Anyways....I noticed during the trial run, first gear seemed to be slipping a bit as it got up to speed and before switching to second gear. Are there adjustments in this clutch? I'm not very savvy with the two speeds. Thought about taking it apart and giving a good cleaning. But kinda want to know what I'm getting into from you fine people before I do.

Seems like previous owners beat the ever lovin $h!t out of her before me taking over. Fairly confident she was used like, in the woods or something as a romper. I'm working on cleaning her up, replacing all the broken crap. But, the engine seems strong...so far. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account