tiny screws in Vespa Bravo headlight switch

Carl Johnson /

Hello. I recently got a '77 Vespa Bravo. I've been fixing things slowly on it and my next thing is the lights. The switch is bad, but the problem is simple: the wires aren't connected properly since 2 out of 3 of the tiny screws that hold the wires are missing.

As far as I can tell this is maybe an M2 or M2.5 screw that's about 3mm long. Where the heck can I get a screw this small? I don't think hardware stores go that small and I'm trying to avoid huge "computer, phone, glasses" type assortments on the interwebs.

I could always just solder them I guess but I like how easily disconnect-able it is with the screws. I can send a picture of the one screw I have and stuff if that helps, but I found this picture also which shows the switch and the screws sticking out of the posts:

https://myronsmopeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/CEV-turn-signal-switch-substitute.jpg

Re: tiny screws in Vespa Bravo headlight switch

Check Ace Hardware . Take a switch along .

1934 E Avenida De Los Arboles, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362

You might be pleasantly surprised .

Carl Johnson /

I meant to say that Lowes and Home Depot don't seem to carry screws that small, but if Ace is the place, I will go a bit farther and give it a shot!

Ace is a bit higher priced , but , they usually have what I need , without having to buy a lifetime supply . ;) (edited)

just solder it u can always unsolder.

Carl Johnson /

I found a replacement switch in the meantime for a clean, stock look.

IMG_20200804_190359.jpg

That'll work . ;)

Mc Master Carr would have it bet

Finally someone has come up with Vespa spare parts...maybe you need to set up a web based business for your marvelous new products. More to come soon I hope..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account