ZA50 oil injection removal - missing washer

Trevor Fladwood /

I am trying to remove my oil pump from a za50, and everything worked perfectly as I read here, but I can’t seem to find the washer/bushing that sits at the end of the shaft.. I have tried screwdrivers with a magnet on the end, and a magnetic pick up, and can’t seem to get a hold of anything.. pics are hard, but I will try to attach a coupon that shows what I am seeing. Any help would be appreciated!

2CA35ACB-63E4-4753-81DD-61BEC756572F.jpeg

Re: ZA50 oil injection removal - missing washer

Overpriced Parts /

Use hemostats maybe if you see it

But a lot of times it’s there and you can’t tell, sometimes it stuck to the shaft when you pull it out so check that, sometimes it stuck there pretty good and you could almost left it but don’t, not sure what damage it could do flopping around in there but it should be removed.

Take a small screwdriver or pick and feel if the surface by hole is flat, if it is it could’ve flung inside,

You should be able to find it though, there’s really nowhere for it to go. I’ve found one stuck to the crank and one hiding under crank gear, you could be unlucky and it’s in the seal area and you can’t see it

Trevor Fladwood /

Thanks, Ken. I will do a little more poking around... is it just a flat washer? It was not on the shaft for sure.

Overpriced Parts /

This is what it looks like

434EFA00-F204-4CB6-A546-5D8C09669027.jpeg

Trevor Fladwood /

I can’t find it! I pulled off the flywheel and stator to make sure it didn’t fall down there and no luck. I don’t hear anything when I rotate the flywheel, so I’m guessing it didn’t slide into the case. Maybe it is just stuck? I can’t seem to move anything on the lip of that hole... what a pain.

Overpriced Parts /

It could be stuck, The area has to be flat not raised, you have to look real close to see if it looks like this (white arrow)

0771670D-1951-4AB3-983F-5E9F3F43E6C2.jpeg
5E189DF8-77AD-41AE-B134-99B6CBBA7591.jpeg

Otherwise it fell down in round area between the flush mount seal and ball bearing/outer race that normal non oil Injected engine Seal Goes (ignore epoxy blob in pictures,

85A60D3C-62D1-4EE7-9BA4-FE780EC8BE0B.jpeg

I doubt I fell in there but if I did I don’t know what it would really do I don’t think very much

Trevor Fladwood /

Thanks Ken! That view actually helps a lot. I haven’t split it open (and this is my first ZA) so I didn’t know what it looked like from the inside. I am pretty sure it is not there.. I can’t get anything to move and my magnetic part grabber thing doesn’t pull to the spot where it should be at all. I did take the flywheel and stator off, and it didn’t fall down there either. Maybe someone rebuilt it before me and forgot to put it in? Who knows. I appreciate all the help.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account