Garelli NOI starter clutch cable issue

I'm getting around to finish putting last year's ex-frankenbike back to a stock setup. I traded a Carabella V1 for a sort of rebuilt NOI, then I bought a cheapie pan exhaust that bolts onto the motor rather than a long pipe because the bracket was cut off, instead of getting a $100 pipe first and then paying a welder to make and attach the bracket.

I'm looking to connect the starter clutch cable and I see no place for the tension adjuster on the engine or frame, like what a Minarelli V1 has.

0616201241.jpg

Can anyone with a Garelli show some pics of where the tension adjuster connects?

Re: Garelli NOI starter clutch cable issue

its on the right side forward motor mount. the cable runs diag across over the top of the engine

Is that a separate piece that can bolt onto the motor mount? I have no such piece and will probably have to make something.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> its on the right side forward motor mount. the cable runs diag across

> over the top of the engine

Hes talking about where the cable mounts on the bottom end. The actual adjuster is on the lever at the starter lever on handle bar as seen here...

20161111_153656.jpg

And the lower mounting bracket Will speaks of is here circled in purple...

Screenshot_2020-08-06-18-22-29.png

(edited)

Remove the gray floor board above where the motor sits and you will see it on the frame.

I still may have to rig something up because I don't see any such animal there.

0806202300.jpg

Yeah that is weird you dont have one. Gonna have to get crafty. But make sure it is held on the opposite side of motor from the clutch. It needs to pull across the motor to pull the arm properly.

easy, just drill a big hole in a lil 1 inch piece of steel to bolt onto that motor mount and drill a hole thru for a barrel adjuster to receive the cable housing and you're gtg

> easy, just drill a big hole in a lil 1 inch piece of steel to bolt onto

> that motor mount and drill a hole thru for a barrel adjuster to receive

> the cable housing and you're gtg

That may be what was used originally from the factory on earlier models. From the looks of that Garelli it looks to be 1977 or older. Everything ive owned and worked on has been 1978 and up.

> easy, just drill a big hole in a lil 1 inch piece of steel to bolt onto

> that motor mount and drill a hole thru for a barrel adjuster to receive

> the cable housing and you're gtg

This guy! And his smart talk.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account