Pull starter for 1978 Hobbit

Steve Parsons /

I see Treatland has still available a pull starter kit for the Hobbit with electronic ignition, but not the points ignition version. Anyone know what the difference is and can it be adapted to the points ignition?

Thanks

Re: Pull starter for 1978 Hobbit

Steve Parsons /

Is there a difference between the flywheel of the point ignition Hobbit and one with electronic ignition...diameter, depth, size of crankshaft hole?

Thanks

Yes. Just search points hobbit pullstart here and you'll find alotta threads...or just email treats and maybe they can hook you up .

You sure you even want one? Hobbits are one of the best starting bikes. 1/4 kick every time....if it's the starter clutch you want gone the one way bearing kits are fucking sweeeet.

Also, yeah the recoil start is conveniant, but I just use a strip of leather with a wooden dowel handle to start my variated bikes with the starter clutch removed.

Good luck

Wow, just looked through your old thread. It should kick start pretty easily, but I understand the trouble.

I would email treats and ask if they have a points hobbit pullstart unlisted. Or, post in the buy sell forum asking for one.

I assume you'll be able to find one, but if not. Here is a article to build one yourself. Which judging by your life experience, I have no doubt you could do.

https://blackpipes.tumblr.com/post/5291429387/a-cheap-effective-pull-start-for-hobbits/amp

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account