V1 Ducati CDI weak spark

I have this Ducati CDI and this box and am getting a weak spark on a B7HS or cooler sparking plugs. The hotter sparking ones like B6HS and up seem to make slightly brighter spark but still weak. I used to get much brighter spark on same setup.

I've been meaning to get the Pietcard 2041 retarding CDI box and coil. Should I go for it to see if my problems go away?

Screenshot2020-08-10at6.46.03PM.png
Screenshot2020-08-10at6.45.25PM.png

Re: V1 Ducati CDI weak spark

Do you have running problems or just a weak looking spark when the plugs out? Could be something simple like a condenser, plug wire or terminal, etc.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

CDI generally makes a weaker looking spark

Are you having issues running?

> 🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> CDI generally makes a weaker looking spark

>

> Are you having issues running?

Yeah running issues. Died while riding and died idling; they're all new problems. No other issues like carburetion etc.

Rand Jacobson /

Wrong stator and box combo. That that's an older style 2 wire ducati box.

> Rand Jacobson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Wrong stator and box combo. That that's an older style 2 wire ducati

> box.

Huh. My box is definitely Italian and has three wires.

So go ahead and get the auto retarding Pietcard box and coil then? Would I have have to return ignition timing to stock recommended 22 degrees before TDC. Because right now it's manually retarded and even had to dremel material from stator to get additional clearance to keeps temps down.

IMG_20200811_125841811.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account