Re: Grande problemos, a spark don't mean it's right.

Got a better plug wire and Denso plug . Great spark . But when installed still no firing up. Could I an extra ground to the frame to see if that's the problem? I went over the schematics looks fine. Maybe check the brake switches again?

Re: Grande problemos, a spark don't mean it's right.

Exactly how did you test and get a great spark ?

Re: Grande problemos

Ok PD. I put the the to the case , got a drill and spun it. I don't like that method but man I working by myself here. Anyhow good bright spark .reset plug pedaled my ass off , nuttin'

Is the plug wet or completely dry after pedaling ?

Have you tried starting it with the drill ?

Sometimes When I let the FA sit for a month or so and the motor has had time to 'dry out' , I have to re-prime the motor with the drill . I do that because it would take seemingly forever to get the same job done by kick starting .

Did all the above. Plug was wet. Gremlins.

Well, I took another shot at it. Changed out starter clutch with one from a running Bravo. That was part of the problem.put the failed clutch on the Bravo won’t connect. Now I’m right back where I started . now the Grande won’t pedal .put a drill to it and lost my spark. Soooo, I’m gonna take my running Bravo engine in the Grande. Hope it’s running before the snow flies. (edited)

I vaguely recall that there are 2 spacers on the ends of the crank in the Vespa manual. Were they included in your build? I see a corded drill in the initial picture. Does it easily rotate drill starting on the variator nut? Take the drive belt off and deal with the engine via drill starting for a bit to make sure the hang up is solely at the motor. Get a couple of Vespa variator nuts because the drill eats them. Even loosen the head bolts , you can drill spin the engine with the variator off and engine either on the sub or McIver a engine holder. The seal may be driven in too deep. If desperate loosen case bolts a bit , stick engine in freezer , remove , heat case with even a heat gun , whack case with a rubber mallet ... Retighten case bolts. Been here at some point

as I recall... all parts are Vespa or olympia right? No kinetic parts in the mix ?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account