Transmission repair/rebuild

Yeah I'm doing some trans work on the tomos a35 with 80w iskra stator and I just need to know what size puller I'll need for the stator? Thanks in advance people.

Re: Transmission repair/rebuild

Don't have to take flywheel off to take appart the transmission

But treats has the one you need

You can service everything in the transmission except for the main gear without having to split the cases (or remove the flywheel).

Yup, what these guys said. But since you are on the wrong side of the bike. Take a look at the wiki on this site. Find tomos and a35. You will be able to see all kinds of details about your engine and what is needed. Feel free to post a new topic with any specific questions you may have.

But for a flywheel puller. Head over to treatland.tv and do a quick search, it will come up.

I'm changing the crankshaft??? So I will have to remove and remount the stator

Treats has the puller you need then.

Before you pull the stator scribe a line on the stator plate that matches up with the timing line on the cases. That way you can put the timing back without having to play with it.

Was that a question about the crankshaft?

Because you do not have to change it if nothing is wrong with it. But if you do have to change it, treatland.tv will also have the crank you need.

Thanks very much for the

advice. I would have gotten it back together and it not run I would have blown a gasket myself! (edited)

What puller do I need to get??? 17mm??

> Marky Mark Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What puller do I need to get??? 17mm??

What does treats say when you type Tomos Puller? Probably that one

It gives me the strange empty screen with a biomechanical looking part lol

26mm x 1.5mm should be what you need for a tomos iskra flywheel.

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-bosch-flywheel-puller-p/puch-bosch-flywheel-puller.htm

If you ever plan to work on any other types of mopeds, I'd suggest a full flywheel puller set: https://www.treatland.tv/flywheel-puller-set-p/puller-set.htm

It's annoying to find you don't have the right one and then have to spend another $14 and wait on shipping for another single flywheel puller.

derbi puch tomos sachs, mostly all that 26x1.5

still that puller set rules. i've gotten most of mine piecewise over the years, all those in one kit for only 40 bucks? c'mon - unbeatable.

You can also just use a rubber mallet tho... and that works on lots of flywheels heheh

Thank you. That's all I asked. Now I know what puller to purchase.

Every time I go to get the full puller set they are out of stock.

Be brave and have fun getting into that engine.

I should be ok. I've owned 15 dirtbikes 2 quads a 3 Wheeler and 2 mopeds.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account