Steering wheel puller to pull puch clutch?

Anyone think this is do able if I get the right bolts to go into the clutch itself don't think the ones in this kit are small enough but this is the oem steering wheel puller auto zone sells.

41dPH7bahqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Re: Steering wheel puller to pull puch clutch?

Bolt holes are m6 thread on a puch clutch. Should work if the slots are able to get close enough for the bolts to be straight and you'll need some washers to keep the bolts from pulling through the slots.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Same thing I use for clutch pulling. Works great

I just kitted the bike and I wanna get a little more stall from my clutch well I'd actually would like to see what kinda shape the shoes are in. When I got the ped their was hardly any fluid in the transmission and it was super whiney. Changed the fluid a couple times in the past 300miles and was getting what looked like gold shimmering in the fluid. But change I did the other day had very little compared to the first change I'm hoping it's just residual shit and isn't getting worse. But I've got no more transmission whine so idk

What engine? If the glitter was gold it might be the bushing between the crank and clutch bell. If that's the case you can pull the bell off when the clutch is out and make sure it's not galled the surfaces.

Jason Majernik /

I used this to pull the clutch off of my Honda Express NC50. Had to get some M6 bolts and nuts and washers to make it work, but it did the job.

Clutch Puller

Puch e50 yeah it was a goldish glitter. I figured it it was whatever damage had been done with not having an fluid in it. That first fluid change I did was bad but it's just a very slight glint of it in the fluid. But after work today going to try and get the clutch off take a look around

Well went afterwork to grab this from the auto zone and then got the 6mm bolts from the hardware store with another set of fender washers. Was going to pull the clutch today but a broken throttle cable and a shit ton of traffic to and from the dispensary. Just ran out of time well idk tomorrow will be here soon I will do it then. Should come off without a hitch. I've only got experience with go kart mini bike force centrifugal clutches. So hopefully it's not to bad. And I get in where I like it in a couple of trys

20200903_195555.jpg
20200903_195654.jpg
20200903_195712.jpg

You may try some way shorter bolts, the longer the bolt the higher the chance itll try to torque over to one side with pressure on it.

And , thicker or more washers .

Fender washers bend pretty easy . ;)

I will stop by the hardware store and grab some shorter bolts. I do have a few more sets of fender washers that are not pictured but im feeling pretty confident that this will work. I imagine their is a keyway or a woodruff key behind the clutch idky but that's my only concern really I dont want to mangle it or anything

The end of the crank is hollow so take it easy and don't screw it up.

The tip of the crank would be my biggest concern using this puller. The tip on yours seems really narrow compared to the one that is for pulling a puch clutch. If you are not careful you could mushroom out the tip of the crank a bit. Just be careful of that. Nice local work around.

Install the crank nut on the end of the crankshaft , so you're pushing on the nut instead of the crankshaft end . Then use the puller , carefully . ;)

You guys get Strongbow over there?

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You guys get Strongbow over there?

I think so , but , I haven't had any alcohol in a long time , so ???

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account