Batavus Starflight HS idles perfect, dies with any throttle

Yoo there folks.

I just put a new Dellorto SHA 15.15, mlm intake, and a treats reed block w carbon reeds on my Batavus Starflite top tank. Everything other than that is stock (mlm pipe in the mail). I tried 50-72 jets, with a 72 it idles perfect, but as soon as I touch the throttle it dies immediately - I assume that means I'm running lean, but I'm up at 7,000 feet so I usually run a bit leaner side - with a stock 50cc m48 It's hard to believe id have to run a bigger jet than 72...

The only other thing I noticed is that the treats reed block reed stops were too wide, so I had to bend them a bit down to fit - could that be it?

So should I just order bigger jets, or could it be something else?

Thanks!

Re: Batavus Starflight HS idles perfect, dies with any throttle

air leak? the sha 15.15 should be pretty "plug&play" on a stock m48

make sure you didn't run the throttle cable thru the spring

when u put the carb on

also is the choke clicking off when u snap the throttle wide open

...or try to slowly feather up the rpms with the choke on to test if its lean, think im gonna mess with the m56 today.

I tried to feather it with the choke, no luck. I'll take apart the carb and check the spring and do another air leak check today

So I switched it back to the old reed block. Runs ok now. Still slow, but gonna do some tuning and hopefully the new pipe will help w that.

That means this reed block for the m48 wont work on m48. I guess I could grind off the top part of the reed stops so it would fit, would that just cause more problems though?

Weird, that reed block works perfectly fine in my M56.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account