LGN slide HIGH IDLE HELP

Russell Hickman /

Recently installed one of the custom printed SHA slides off of treatland for my Morini M01 and SHA 15 and now have a super high idle. I read through the thread about them on MA and my slide has no rubbing issues and goes down all the way. My idle screw is all the way out. I have a 58 jet and stock air filter and the bike runs incredibly except for that damn idle. Less bog and more throttle response but horrible idle. Definitely getting too much air wondering if upjetting will even help my problem. Thanks guys

Re: LGN slide HIGH IDLE HELP

And , you have no air leaks ...

I also mentioned this in the LGN slide thread, but after checking for air leaks, try covering up some of the air holes on your air filter. See how things run. It may come down to air restriction over jetting. But you may want to go up one jet as well. The increased air flow this slide allows, could cause you to be a little leaned out. Hense the higher idle.

Check out the thread going on here for more help with this: https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,4296816,page=4

Pushrod Fifty /

If the slide has holes in it then guess what, its just like opening the throttle.

You're technically right, but this should be able to be compensated for by upjetting and the right restriction air filter. Also, the slide absolutely has to drop all the way down with just the vents functioning at idle in order to work correctly, I think.

The common issue with a single jet, no multi circuit adjustment carb like the SHA is that it's rich on the low end, perfect mix getting up to the high then lean on the top. The design of the slide is supposed to level it across the board, but I have a feeling the design isn't quite right yet to just drop in and go.

Check out the link to that thread for more info.

Good work on helping diagnose the slides!

Pushrod Fifty /

I cut a slot in the bottom of my SHA slide about 1/16" x 1/16" and it got rid of the off-idle bog.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I think it's important to remember that just like ANY moped component, this is not an end-all for everything.

Of course your idle will increase, given that you've got much more air coming in via the holes. Yes, because these holes pull fuel from the emulsion tube, you can upjet to slightly offset this, but than you're tuning your main jet for idle which means you can have either or.

I think it's important to note than any part not made by the manufacturer, especially when it's just a small operation testing and designing them, is going to be hit or miss inherently.

Even MLM parts, which are purpose built for the specifica applications in this decade, don't always fit or function properly and they are now about as far from "small moped company" as you can get before you're an OEM.

Dave Thacker /

I've just finished fixing that @@(%*#%&@&$ Slide. I love how it helps the transistion. First off there is not enough clearance on the sides. The slot it fits in is slightly tapered top to bottom for mold release. At first they fit but after a couple of weeks the swell just slightly and start to stick which means the spring can't seat it out fully. Since it has a notch in the bottom, it has to go lower to get the idle right. So, I put in on a belt grinder the kissed off maybe .020 a side.

Next! Since it has to go lower in the carb, you may need to adjust your throttle cable so it's a couple mm longer. I had this problem also. They idle well when setup properly but definitely are NOT DROP IN unless you get very lucky.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account