Re: Maxi Spark issues

Adam Rosenow /

So bypass the boot with the plug end screwed directly into the ignition cable?

I tried this with the same results... no spark at the plug. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I'm really thinking that the coil is shorting out at this point. After my friend explained the resistance being almost exactly what it should be if you combined both coils, it seems like a logical conclusion... i can update you guys once the new one arrives next week!

Adam Rosenow /

And here we are again... still no luck with the new coil! Still sparks from the cable, even from the top of the plug when ground to engine, but nothing from the actual plug gap... I'm losing my mind here... what do i do next!?

Basic Electrical System Maintenance .

First : Adjust the magneto coils . They should be as close to the flywheel magnets as possible without touching . Your feeler gauge set probably has a brass feeler , use that or a business card , matchbook cover , maybe even a slice of plastic milk container for a spacer . Loosen the coil mount screws and press the coils outward to the magnets and tighten the screws and remove the spacers .

Second : Pull all electrical connections , including all ground points , switch contacts and bulb bases and sockets . Insure every one is bare metal shiny clean and scratch tight while reattaching .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account