derbi just does not want to run

new carb, new gaskets ,new fuel filter, new gas ,piston good , good spark, compression good , no leaks , same old crap before I changed all this stuff hard to start, it starts , but as soon as i let off the gas it dies and no idle , idle screw makes no difference because it wont idle

Re: derbi just does not want to run

Dirty30 Dillon /

Reeds stuck open, or air leak at decomp

todd amundson /

Figure out how to get it started with nothing on the crank like clutch, pulley, everything, just shaft spinning. Bet it’ll idle great then.

this a 78 derbi tt variant nr (no reed) maybe you know somethimg i dont but ilooked it up it says NO REED and also decomp has no leaks tested it ......what now

Air leak

Wesley Ambrosini /

Carb isn't tuned?

Seals are bad?

Clogged idle passage ?

but it is a brand new carb ill take it apart and again clear the idle jet but this is the third carb ive tried...........its same thing everytime,,,,,,,,,,im not to familiar with the seals thing is it complicated to check and change,,,,any any help would be outstanding

Just cleaning a jet does nothing for clearing the associated passage .

That passage that delivers the fuel , metered by the jet , to the carb throat .

I spray brake cleaner through all carb passages and see the cleaner spraying into the throat . (edited)

Wesley Ambrosini /

If the carb has jets that are way off then it isn't gonna work, clean or not

> Wesley Ambrosini Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If the carb has jets that are way off then it isn't gonna work, clean or

> not

True that^ .

the jets I have are really hard to see the size there ,,,,,I have one off the 12 12 and have another jet off the 15 15 and currently the brand new carb is 14 12 they are all clear but so old I cant see the size .......does anybody know what the correct size of jet would be right....for the 14 12 carb on the derbi tt

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

It's your seals. Replace your seals.

or low compression.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account