Peugeot 103 airsal 65cc kit max temps

Hi all

I have a 1979 Peugeot 103 sp and I have just fitted a 65cc airsal t3 kit and 46mm head coupled with a simonini sepintine chrome exhaust. just whilst I am tuning and getting jetting right can anyone who is running a similar setup give me an idea of max temps in f?????

On the first run after the build it climbed to 360f, with my 49cc stock setup it hovered about 320f ish, I am aware it will run hotter as I am going quicker and ripping harder ect, just don't want to seize. would be nice to have a ball park figure if anyone can give me an idea.

thanks

Simon

UK (edited)

20200907_142707.jpg

Re: Peugeot 103 airsal 65cc kit max temps

Not familiar with your particular setup, but I do not believe you need to worry about the temp if it stays close to the 360. If you have it getting much higher than that, especially close to 400, then you could have problems.

Thanks, it seems to only rise above 350 on hills, I will prob upjet a bit and do a plug chop, running at 50:1 semi synthetic gas and oil with original gurtner carb I am after torque not so much speed increase so didnt want to change the carb really as its brand new

Also could adjust the timing a bit. Advancing it you will lose a little off your bottom end but would help temps at the top end.

Dirty30 Dillon /

350* is literally fine lol, you've got a lot of head room there.

I'm more curious why you'd run a 46mm head on a smaller bore cylinder? Definitely not ideal

It's a new t3 46mm 65cc airsal cylinder and matched airsal 46mm cylinder head.

Excuse my ignorance but why does advancing the timing give lower temps at the top end.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> simon judd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It's a new t3 46mm 65cc airsal cylinder and matched airsal 46mm

> cylinder head.

You are the only person I have ever seen accurately state displacement and honestly it through me off.

But I'll stick with my statement, even 380* is a fine temp for that on extended hills, etc.

Advanced timing will generate MORE heat, you want to retard your timing to lower head temps.

I run my peugeot at 1.2mm btdc, also I should add that's with the mbk cdi.

> Dirty Mike Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Advanced timing will generate MORE heat, you want to retard your timing

> to lower head temps.

>

> I run my peugeot at 1.2mm btdc, also I should add that's with the mbk

> cdi.

My mistake. Thank you for getting the correct info up sir. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account