Yamaha CA50 carb replacement

Branden Ananis /

I have an '85 Yamaha CA50 Riva that needs a new carb. Cannot find one anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions for a direct fit, aftermarket replacement or one that would require minimal mods to install? Thanks!

Re: Yamaha CA50 carb replacement

What's wrong with the original carb ?

it is a scooter not a moped so some people will give ya grief for asking.

but anyways i love my jog so i looked into it on cmsnl.com

aside for some vacuum lines i saw on on the diagram its the same intake boot as the CE50 (jog) so you can go cheap and look for a clone carb for it on ebay. however i upgraded my carb with an ebay clone with a slightly bigger bore and saw no improvement. so i would just take your time and clean your current carb. it's a very approachable task. just take your time and take pictures and dont loose anything.

edit: actually looked a bit closer and your carb has a vacuum activated choke. they switched to an electric choke the in the jog model. so i would really suggest trying to clean and use your current carb. it will save you alot of work making some other carb work.

but finally, if your up for it the boot is the same size as any dellorto PHBG boot style carbs. you will need to plug vacuum lines and sort out a different petcock and oil delivery. a lot more work.

Branden Ananis /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What's wrong with the original carb ?

I was told by the shop that looked at it that the carb body is cracked at the base of the tube that the float needle sits in, causing it to flood. Someone prior to my ownership permanently sealed the overflow drain in the bowl, so the excess gas is going into the motor and loading it up.

Post a few pics of the damage .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account