Derbi Flatreed no spark

First, I filed and gapped the points. 0v coming off the wire to the ignition coil. Getting a healthy 7v on the red wire and like 8v off the blue wire.

Then I found a set of used points, condenser, and stator ignition winding that I promptly bought. Threw new points on, gapped them, nothing. Checked condenser, didn't seem good so I replaced condenser. Still 0v off the wire to the ignition coil.

I'm at my wit's end. If the stator winding was bad there'd be no voltage off the blue wire, unless I'm thinking about it wrong. The new winding I bought has similar resistance to the old one. Anyone have any ideas?

Derbi_Variant_reed_sfh_wiring_diagram.png

Re: Derbi Flatreed no spark

todd amundson /

Bond the green coming from stator directly with a jumper of some sort. Bypassing the kill switch entirely. Disconnect the blue wire from the rear light harness and ground it out to the case.

I know you don't want to but try it.

> todd amundson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Bond the green coming from stator directly with a jumper of some sort.

> Bypassing the kill switch entirely. Disconnect the blue wire from the

> rear light harness and ground it out to the case.

>

> I know you don't want to but try it.

There is no wiring on the bike, like literally just with stator wires. So no killswitch. I've had the blue wire grounding against the engine case. Attempts for spark are green wire straight to ignition coil. (edited)

make sure your internal n external coils r grounded. Might be the points grounding out the spark as well, take apart n clean, or just a bad plug.

> pat splat Wrote:

> make sure your internal n external coils r grounded. Might be the

> points grounding out the spark as well, take apart n clean, or just a

> bad plug.

So my dumbass wasn't grounding the blue wire good enough. I had it wedged between the intake and frame and it was snug but wasn't good enough contact. Made a jumper wire to ground it to the engine cases and shocked the shit out of myself when I turned the flywheel by hand and held the spark plug boot. Good spark now

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> shocked the shit out of myself when I turned the flywheel by hand and

> held the spark plug boot. Good spark now

Just a little reminder to do it right , next time . LOL

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account