Turn signal wiring tomos not working at low rpms NOT LED

I got everything hardwired on a 2 wire cdi. only one light wire.. everything works.

press the brake and light turns off.. good enough.. the other light gets brighter so thats good. anyways thats not the problem.

I wired turn signals. see how long that lasts..

I have read that it may be good to put a resistor and ground in the line coming out of the flasher relay because the relay is not getting enough current. I don't see how that would work at all....especially with a ground... what size resistor?

....Maybe it would work if I put a capacitor coming off the relay into a resistor and ground... then power to switch from + side of capacitor.. What size resistor would I need for the capacitor to not ground out and keep current going through the lights??

these are not LEDs

All the lights seem to blink a little when the turn signals are working at high rpms.

Maybe I can fix the blinking with some one way diodes in the ground and power..?

What about putting a capacitor and a bridge rectifier in the light circuit? that will be tried

Re: Turn signal wiring tomos not working at low rpms NOT LED

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You could turn up the idle a little

Or make sure the 2 wires aren't switched around on his brake leverage switch.

Talk about over thinking ...

Of course any electronics will slow at idle . There's barely enough juice being produced to make anything function .

First : Adjust the magneto coils . They should be as close to the flywheel magnets as possible without touching . Your feeler gauge set probably has a brass feeler , use that or a business card , matchbook cover , maybe even a slice of plastic milk container for a spacer . Loosen the coil mount screws and press the coils outward to the magnets and tighten the screws and remove the spacers .

Second : Pull all electrical connections , including all ground points , switch contacts and bulb bases and sockets . Insure every one is bare metal shiny clean and scratch tight while reattaching .

Third : If that^ basic maintenance is not enough , consider installing an electronic flasher relay , which requires less juice to function than a thermal relay .

Hey mark.. LOL, I will try it!

I have a bunch of relays around that have three prongs, so that might work. Anyways its working well enough for me right now, PDcom so im not digging into it.

I just thought some body at least put a one way diode at some point for flickering. Hell, it might make it worse.

I read about old tomos with "elimination device" maybe that is what i am going for?

I hope all i need bridge rectifier and capacitor, run lights off the capacitor, but like I said im so sick of this bike. mopeds ruined my life.

You likely wouldn't need anything if you did the maintenance I prescribed .

But , that's too mundane ... adding unneeded pieces is much more fun and frustrating . LOL

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account