Nh80 piston

michael jaccard /

So here I am with a 1983 aero NH80 and I am trying to replace the piston rings but they are not easy to find. I found a possible matchIng 48mm piston and rings for a cr80 but it looks like they only use one ring where my stock piston takes 2. Also I know I may have to bore out the jug. So my question is a single ring gonna work? Or does anyone know where to find 48mm Honda rings?Thanks for your help.

Re: Nh80 piston

Maybe search by bore size and then by ring thickness .

If all else fails contact Hastings . They are very helpful .

I used them to re-ring my OEM 1957 Simplex , when no other avenue was available .

Not sure they will have rings this small , but , it's worth a shot .

Please let us know , one way or the other .

https://www.hastingspistonrings.com

Pushrod Fifty /

Partzilla or The Honda shop? If Honda says they are discontinued, ask them to do a dealer search. If another dealer has them, you call that dealer and have them shipped to you.

michael jaccard /

Im waiting on a reply from CMS in Netherlands. Looks like they are the only one with rings. I will try my local honda dealer if it doesn’t work out. Also I found a 49.5mm Weisco piston with 2 rings for a 80-82 CR 80 which would require boring out the jug.

Pushrod Fifty /

Its not a plated jug? Whats wrong with the rings? If you replace them in a sleeved jug you will have to hone it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account