Honda Camino PA50 - Rear tail light bulb keeps breaking

Hi I replaced the bulb for the rear tail light and for whatever reason it keeps breaking / filament blows out. It gets really bright and the filament goes. Is this bad wiring?

I’ve checked the harness and there was damage where it passes through to the rear wheel. All the bad wiring has been taken out and replaced with automotive wiring that I had. Replaced it to the nearest AWG (average wire gauge) that I had available.

But after plugging in to the power off the headlight (there is a couple of spare prongs available) it works but just gets too bright and kills the bulb.

What am I doing wrong?

Also need to get hold of indicator stalks for front and rear which are missing from my Honda Pa50.

Also license plate holder is missing.

I know treats will have them. Is it just a case of fitting them and plugging in the wiring?

Will I need different handlebars for front indicator stalks? Looks like the slide in to it somehow with a bracket?

Appreciate your help thanks.

5CB69CA2-6D7A-4A40-B520-27B82BCF6CB5.jpeg
4F382B80-A295-4A34-97A7-5A2FADE42EAA.jpeg
B1C39DA5-8FE3-4AE6-917E-F7F2896FE6CD.jpeg

Re: Honda Camino PA50 - Rear tail light bulb keeps breaking

Ungapped rings to bind them all /

Well.. that's not the original headlight and it never had turn signals. The resistance of the original bulbs worked as resistance to divide and balance the voltages coming off the 6vdc coils. When you start changing bulbs, the resistance and voltages across the bulbs change (according to Ohm's law) and you start blowing bulbs. Best to add a AC voltage regulator or resistor to the circuit(s) you're having problems with. Keep it simple if you're just trying to keep the lights on. Here's a cheap example from DOS: Treats has a bunch too.

https://www.doscycles.com/collections/lights-and-switches/products/universal-12v-regulator?variant=43230269391

Are the regulator and resistor still present?

Believe the resistor is still present. It sits behind the cover below the headlight? Has a wire coming from it (might be white?). Not sure where the regulator would be if it still has one. Not sure if it is missing rectifier and / or condenser? Could the resistor be old / damaged and not doing its job? Thanks.

The resistor is a big white ceramic cylinder that is bolted down behind the front black plastic that says Honda

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account