Puch e50 kickstand

Anthony Sanchez /

How do you guys get it so there’s no play in the kickstand? Or is it usually some play between the bracket?? Thanks

4EC6585F-7F74-4A71-9CE4-AF592330528B.jpeg

Re: Puch e50 kickstand

Jeffrey Strichart /

Your spring isn't connected. You can see it hanging there.

If I'm looking at the picture correctly the motor side of the kickstand mount is all walloped out to shit. Maybe try wrapping some duct tape around the kickstand where it mounts there? I dunno man

Edit: try attaching your kickstand spring if that's what you're talking about. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE A PAIR OF NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS OR SIMILAR, you will fuck yourself up. Use a piece of thin Paracord to pull it onto the kickstand (edited)

Anthony Sanchez /

I attached it back! I just got a new og Puch kickstand but for some reason the springs super tight.. do you think since the spring clip isn’t straight on ??

385CBB2B-1557-4DFE-A7BA-B5974017B247.jpeg

Anthony Sanchez /

Hole seems fine!

F0C70BE4-8A5C-43A0-8FBC-56BAD3791B0B.jpeg

Anthony Sanchez /

I Believe the kickstand I got is for a za50 haha that’s why it’s tilted :/

Gotcha, the first pic made it look super oblong but I can see now it's alright. The springs are notoriously tight. I run a sidestand on my ripper e50 because the kickstand spring doubles the amount of time it takes to remove my clutch. There's a youtube video of a guy putting one on with the method I described, I'd give that a watch. I don't think the angle of the post should make a big difference on the spring (edited)

Why not attach the spring where it's suppose to go , then put the stand into the mount and tighten ?

Anthony Sanchez /

I did do that. And then the spring felt like it was super stretched out! Is that fine haha? Like way too tight it wouldn’t snap back by itself

Stand in the up position , the spring has to be very tight or the stand will drop some on any bump and slap back up .

> Anthony Sanchez Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I did do that. And then the spring felt like it was super stretched out!

> Is that fine haha? Like way too tight it wouldn’t snap back by itself

It is not supposed to snap back when it's down, it should stay down unless you push it back up with your foot. Then it should stay tight in the up position

It elped me a lot! Thanks

I just use a long thin flat head screwdriver to get my spring on. ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GOGGLES WHEN PUTTING A SPRING ON.

You can buy a drum brake spring tool at the auto parts store for like $5 that makes taking on/off super easy

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account