av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this one

evil cloud /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

this seems like a classic moby issue. and not just for mobys.

engine can rev great and idle great on the stand. revs not so well with the rear brake engaged. clutch appears to be engaging and disengaging properly. throttle position and revs sound proportional and nothing seems to be sticking there. reassembled decomp and it seems to be working great. starts up on 1-2 kicks almost everytime. and the exhaust is cleaned up and doin great as well.

carb is clean and has another filter after the petcock.

when I start to ride on the ground it seems almost normal but definitely lacking low end torque. I can get it to mayyyybe 15mph before it bogs out and not even enough power to get me up mild inclines. With throttle open on inclines im getting way bogged out and the bike wants to shut down. this makes me think that it is not the clutch.

ive replaced all the gaskets twice now and trimmed out the base gaskets to open up lightly ported transfers on the case.

thinking it might be the seals. uggggggh.

If i do a leak down test and none of the the gasket areas or showing leaks what else could it be besides the seals?

is it time to fully disassemble the case too? replace the bearings and seals, and maybe do a the race crank good pack

av7

airsal 74cc

high comp head w/decomp

stock pipe (working on derestricting for more power once this is figured out)

sha 15 (running well with 68 jet- no bogging - up jet later)

Treats CDI

Dimboy Clutch

thanks in advance for your help!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneTopic by: evil cloud evil cloud 10/06/20 06:31PM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: evil cloud evil cloud 10/06/20 09:58PM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: Rebel Moby Rebel Moby 10/07/20 01:58PM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: evil cloud evil cloud 10/07/20 03:11PM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: Rebel Moby Rebel Moby 10/09/20 05:36PM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: evil cloud evil cloud 10/09/20 06:03PM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: Rebel Moby Rebel Moby 10/10/20 10:54AM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: evil cloud evil cloud 10/10/20 01:06PM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: Rebel Moby Rebel Moby 10/12/20 01:14PM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: Dirty30 Dillon Dirty30 Dillon 10/07/20 06:36AM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: evil cloud evil cloud 10/07/20 12:33PM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: evil cloud evil cloud 10/12/20 11:39PM
  Re: av7 rebuild - clutch or air leak? so many threads like this oneRe: Rebel Moby Rebel Moby 10/14/20 01:45PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account