Puch Maxi Throttle Repair

Carl Cavaliere /

I have a 1978 Puch Maxi. It has been sitting in my parents garage for close to 40 years. The throttle is sticking. It moves down okay but only goes back about half way. I have to force it the rest of the way. Do I need a new throttle assembly or a new cable or both? Possibly a cable adjustment?

3B363451-7178-4B5F-A6BB-F9844F942255.jpeg

Re: Puch Maxi Throttle Repair

Likely just needs a bit of cleaning and some lube . ;)

If you flip it over you'll see a little block where the cable fits in and a little channel that it moves in. Oftentimes you can just blast it with some WD40 or something to loosen whatever is in there and lubricate it and it'll move freely. It's possible that the cable is kinked somewhere or knarp at the other end is off kilter in the carb or the carb slide it's supposed to move up and down is stuck and you need to square that away. But just looking at this one picture and description this seems like a problem you can solve without having to change out of your pajamas.

Carl Cavaliere /

Thank you. I cleaned it out with WD40 and also installed a new carburetor. It is clicking back nicely now. I think the main problem was the old carburetor.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account