50cc weird compression

hey guys I am new here and I have a question about a moped I am working on for a friend. she said that she was riding it and it just stopped. then it was siting for like 2 years in a garage and now it is at my house. I figured that the carb was just dirty. but when I dump fuel in the intake it does not go. I checked for spark and it has good strong spark. so I take off the intake manifold and I put fuel in there, well it went everywhere. so I put my finger over it to act as a choke and I feel a lot of pressure and suction. and when I put my finger over the spark pug whole I feel much less compression than at the intake. what do you think my problem is? I was thinking timing chain skipped, but I wanted a second opinion before I dig in.

Re: 50cc weird compression

What kind of moped? You say timing chain, if it's a moped it doesn't have a timing chain unless it's an ssr Lazer or Indian. It sounds like you might have a scooter. Either way not telling us the make/model doesn't help us help you

Dirty30 Dillon /

If your feeling for compression on the exhaust stroke it will feel weak.

Also, feeling for compression is a pretty un-helpful way of measuring it. Grab a compression tester and see what do.

so it is a znen zn50QT_11. Ill have to go buy a tester. and after taking a closer look I think you are right that it is an ohv engine. (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

You're working with just a generic, Chinese-manu'd GY6 motor, there are much better sites to be probing for info.

That said, the quality on these is low and there are numerous items that could have failed

At least you got the "fastest" of the shitty Chinese 4 stroke 50s. Znen has the "best" QMB engine so far.

Check the exhaust valve clearance

{quote}Check the exhaust valve clearance{quote}

thank you, that is an Idea I have not thought of. it does have less air out the exhaust. what should the clearance be?

> Josiah Nowak Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> {quote}Check the exhaust valve clearance{quote}

>

> thank you, that is an Idea I have not thought of. it does have less air

> out the exhaust. what should the clearance be?

I would think .005" - .006" ( that's INCH ) should do .

Better a little too loose , than too tight . (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account