1982 Honda Pa50II issues

Got the moped and tank was rusty inside so cleaned it out and looks great now, took carb off and it was ruff so bought a new one, new fuel filter, lines, air filter, spark plug and a new petcock. Very hard to get it to start and when it does it only runs for a second. Did get it to idle for about 30 seconds and when you give it gas it die like you shut the key off. Tried starting fluid and it doesn’t do anything. I can’t keep it running long enough to check for air leaks. Any thought on this one ? I’m dreading taking the carb back off since you need to drop the engine.

Re: 1982 Honda Pa50II issues

Did you re-jet the new carb ?

They do not come tuned for any specific motor .

Maybe best to clean your old carb and use it .

No jetting just stock. Other carb was deteriorated inside from sitting so it was junk.

Did you check the jetting to be sure it is stock ?

No just assumed. Sucks I’ll have to drop the engine again.

i think its method 4 in the wiki that is easiest for carb removal. take out swingarm bolt and raise rope from handlebars to gains space to intake bolts.

dirty tanks put out a lot of crud. did u clean the petcock and run an inline filter? picts of old crusty carb, don't really trust the cheepo carbs.

Cleaned it real good and yes a new petcock and inline filter. The carb I threw it out.

Yeah. The repops come with a random jet. I had one come with a 50 and another with a 74.

Can't recall what the stock jet size is but someone will chime in.

Stock :

JET, MAIN (#78)

99101-124-0780

Also check that the rubber snorkel intake is clear

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account