Re: Terrible engine sound Tomos A35

If you have a lower octane gas available to you, get that for sure. Here in the states we have 82 octane which is what I run. I also mix 40:1 for my fuel which just adds a little extra oil to the mix and can only help lube up the cyl.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yep on that but it will build up extra goo.. Run mmo once every 2 tanks replacing 1/2 of the 2t oil mix it will decarbonize it some.

Sergey Smirnov /

Today, I made a 1:40 low-octane mixture, put the original filter. Nothing changed. 3 seconds of work and stop. The candle is black, as I understand it is a rich mixture of air and gasoline. I will look for another carburetor.

No need for a new carb. Make sure that one is super clean. All fuel and air passages are clear by poking thru them with a fine piece of wire. Like a strand from your brake cable.

Also it may need a smaller jet, or you can try allowing more air to come in via the airbox/filter.

A new carb may not need the extra cleaning but it would still require you to tune it to your bike via fuel jetting and airbox air flow.

Sergey Smirnov /

I cleaned the carburetor, and even put the original pipe and filter, and still 2 seconds and stop, the candle is black and wet, the carburetor has jet 53. All this is very strange.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Check bent on cap petcock fuel flow the inlet for fuel usually gets blocked get a toothpick it can clear almost everything w/o messing it up the exhaust could be clogged the choke might be stuck the stuff you cleaned or the tank spat up more crud 50.1 is the factory spec. A little rich might be the problem.

Sergey Smirnov /

Thank you all for your help! I was given the original Italian dellorto today and it worked as it should. These Chinese clones are just shit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account