E50 not running. jetting/clutch? Need advice.

Jack Walker /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Alright so, I put a 70cc airsal kit with a “bi turbo” exhaust and one of those crappy bing clones. (I got the puch speed kit from dennys cycles). I also have a 12v cdi and Rito race crank. It ran for about 300 miles.(it always ran a little rich I planned on rejetting it eventually just never got around to it) I went up a big hill WOT and then it stopped going over 15 mph. I drained my trans fluid and it was full of clutch dust because I used royal purple ATF and it made my stock clutch disintegrate (something I read out of the puch service manual)

I rebuilt my e50 engine and the bearings were shot because they had gotten gasket maker in them. I replaced the bearings put a new jammer clutch in. Then my engine wasn’t running. I took it all apart again and replaced my clutch bell and main gear because the clutch bell was slightly warped, I think. Rebuilt the whole thing and now it still does not run. I have spark and compression. My crankshaft is not bent and has very little play. Whenever I try to run the engine it detonates and makes some pretty bad noises. I believe the problem is that the jet is too big. But for the few moments that it does run I noticed that the clutch does not seem to engage and that the wheel barely even moves when the engine is at full throttle. I have both the small spacers on either side of my clutch and this is my 4th time rebuilding the engine so I think I did it right however, I am dumb.

What do you guys think? Is my jetting too high, I know I have a shit exhaust and clone bing and that’s probably part of the issue. Thanks for any advice you guys have sorry this was so long.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account