E50 not running. jetting/clutch? Need advice.

Alright so, I put a 70cc airsal kit with a “bi turbo” exhaust and one of those crappy bing clones. (I got the puch speed kit from dennys cycles). I also have a 12v cdi and Rito race crank. It ran for about 300 miles.(it always ran a little rich I planned on rejetting it eventually just never got around to it) I went up a big hill WOT and then it stopped going over 15 mph. I drained my trans fluid and it was full of clutch dust because I used royal purple ATF and it made my stock clutch disintegrate (something I read out of the puch service manual)

I rebuilt my e50 engine and the bearings were shot because they had gotten gasket maker in them. I replaced the bearings put a new jammer clutch in. Then my engine wasn’t running. I took it all apart again and replaced my clutch bell and main gear because the clutch bell was slightly warped, I think. Rebuilt the whole thing and now it still does not run. I have spark and compression. My crankshaft is not bent and has very little play. Whenever I try to run the engine it detonates and makes some pretty bad noises. I believe the problem is that the jet is too big. But for the few moments that it does run I noticed that the clutch does not seem to engage and that the wheel barely even moves when the engine is at full throttle. I have both the small spacers on either side of my clutch and this is my 4th time rebuilding the engine so I think I did it right however, I am dumb.

What do you guys think? Is my jetting too high, I know I have a shit exhaust and clone bing and that’s probably part of the issue. Thanks for any advice you guys have sorry this was so long.

Re: E50 not running. jetting/clutch? Need advice.

Overpriced Parts /

You may not have a good spark and it may not be in time, those CDI’s are pretty junky you got to have a known working ignition before you proceed with jetting

You got too many variables that you Coulda did wrong, you got a check one thing at a time

How do you change the timing on the cdi? I know the pietcards can be pretty crappy, but I thought it starts out retarded and advances the timing for you? Doesn’t that mean I shouldn’t have to mess with timing? Thanks for the help.

Alex Fredericksen /

Royal Purple ATF is the jam. Never had a problem it. What springs are in the new jammer clutch? Do have any idea what jet/atomizer/slide/needle combo you have inside the carb? What CDI do you have? Tons of little variables to research.

the wiki will show you the way.

My guess is your timing is way off. Read how to time CDI in wiki

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account