Tomos rebuild, first run it seized

Just rebuilt a 2010 Tomos LX, everything fired up as it should though it seemed like I needed to adjust timing/carb. Literally every gear, clutch assembly, seal and gasket as well as upgraded sprocket, upjet carb, exhaust and airsal kit. Not to mention gave it a cafe racer custom look and put a lot of work into cosmetics ... After 20 minutes of riding it seized. The oil pump wasn’t working there is no oil in the line from the pump to the carb so there’s the issue. I was able to free it up with some forceful kicks and now it seems free but I’m not getting iginition. I’ve premixed fuel in the tank for now. Not sure how bad it’s screwed or maybe I just throw the old cylinder set back on. Any suggestions?

Re: Tomos rebuild, first run it seized

Dirty30 Dillon /

You need to pull the cylinder to examine for damage and clean. No spark is probably from debris in plug OR you spun the woodruff key when it seized.

Sucks that you forgot to prime and check the pump, but thankfully Tomos kits are cheap enough.

oil pump delete n take picts of cylinder

Tweaker trash /

Yea if it has an oil pump throw it out and mix the gas

So i got a new spark plug and mixed the fuel. I’ve got spark, I’ve got fuel. But no combustion. I’ll take off the cylinder and post pics shortly.

Pulled the cylinder off of coarse one of the studs came out. Anyway the piston rings are seized. The cylinder walls a bit damaged. Im just going to throw the stock kit back on. Maybe order piston rings for another day.

FD458C52-7004-4D66-B1C6-DA71367EAB1E.jpeg

bummer, next time get a temp gauge

Does the arrow on the piston head need to be facing the intake or exhaust manifold?

Exhaust

> John Saltzman Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Does the arrow on the piston head need to be facing the intake or

> exhaust manifold?

The arrow points in the direction of flow . That would be toward the exhaust . ;)

Also you got no washer and a bullshit nut on the exhaust there. That's not gonna hold.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account