Need some serious advice

got my MOT soon for my bike (skyteam st50-3 2009) and its having some electrics problems. the problems being:

-bike runs without keys in the switch and in off position

-kill switch dosent work

-turning the keys into the off position while the bikes running turns off accesories but not the engine

-keeps blowing the main fuse (so cant use any electrics when bike not running)

-about half an hour ago the bike was running and smoke was coming out of the ignition switch

the actual engine and drivetrain side of the bike work fine it runs perfectly its just it seems all the electrics have lost their minds really looking for any help the situations a bit desperate :(

Re: Need some serious advice

Unfortunately this is not a vintage moped, it is a cheaply manufactured modern motorcycle. So likely all of the electrical issues you are experiencing have to do with poor component materials and lack of quality control from the manufacturer, and there's not a lot of overlap for those problems on this forum site.

your probably not wrong there mate, but i'm going to say at least someone on here has a decent understanding of how most mopeds are wired and can give me a hand obviously it's not an exact match up but on a site full of moped guys there's gonna be a couple who could pitch in.

Overpriced Parts /

> Jacob Shaw Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> your probably not wrong there mate, but i'm going to say at least

> someone on here has a decent understanding of how most mopeds are wired

> and can give me a hand obviously it's not an exact match up but on a

> site full of moped guys there's gonna be a couple who could pitch in.

How vintage Mopeds are wired has nothing to do with your modern Pot metal communist China crap made bike is wired/made,

Take the damn thing down to the local dump/recyclable center get what you can for it and put it towards a real European made 70s-80s Moped and then get back with us here,

Remember we’re all in this predicament we are right now because of the Chinese government regime that wasn’t satisfied by being number 2 in the world,

boycott them at all cost!

alright roffman

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account