Re: Puch Maxi Wire Diagram

that looks like a decompression valve to me

decompression wiki (edited)

Jeremy Homser /

Thats the decompression valve. It vents compression to make it easier to turn the engine when starting. If i were you i would ditch that head and grab a new one that doesn't have that valve. And while your at it i would get a hi comp head.

> Jeremy Homser Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thats the decompression valve. It vents compression to make it easier

> to turn the engine when starting. If i were you i would ditch that head

> and grab a new one that doesn't have that valve. And while your at it i

> would get a hi comp head.

Oh, understood, so maybe the problem is here...

"Once the piston begins moving, the decompression lever is released and compression returns to the combustion chamber, allowing the motor to start. If the decompression valve is opened while the motor is running, compression will be lost and the motor will die."

"Sometimes a moped can be started without using the decompression lever, but it has been reported that when you have spark and fuel and no fire, it is strongly advised to make sure you are using the lever properly. Mopeds that have not been started for many years may have lesser compression at first, but as the engine is run again, compression can actually build to the point where the lever is necessary." So its a good thing to have it?! Why to replace it? Maybe im using wrong the lever. Because is the same cable that activates the cluch, if im using it to move cluch for start, the valve is always active and engine dies with no compression. Maybe if i cancel the cable conection between cluch and valve and just use the lever for cluch it will start. Have to test it. Thanks

IT WORKS!!!! canceled that valve and the engine just start very easy, many smoke but i think is running normaly. Many thanks to all !

Glad to hear it, man

Alex Fredericksen /

Hell yeah! Good work 👍

> Alex Fredericksen Wrote:

> Hell yeah! Good work 👍

Thanks to you Alex!!! That valve...

Jeremy Homser /

Glad it all worked out. Happy trails!

Not posdible without your precious help Jeremy! You discovered the issue!!! Thanks!

Now ill start to rework to go to the street. Tyres, brakes, many things

This are the correct tyres right?

Screenshot_20201129-003449_Chrome.jpg

Jeremy Homser /

Yes that is the stock size

> Jeremy Homser Wrote:

> Yes that is the stock size

Great, and front and rear tire are of the same dimension?

Jeremy Homser /

Yes there the same

Now back to the wiring, i just have 3 cables coming from the stator: yellow, black directly to the spark plug and another black. Coming from the moped front i have one yellow/brown, one green and brown and one total brown. From back of moped only one black(for back light) By reviewing this wiring image i think have to conect yellow from stator to yellow/brown and with black from the back(back light). And the black from stator shold be conected with total brown for ground. This is correct?

Screenshot_20201204-192523_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jeremy Homser /

Yellow for both lights, thick black to spark plug and thin black is for the kill switch. Thats how my three wire stator is setup.

After 8 months, its done! Total rework!

20210607_170948.jpg
20210607_170939.jpg
20210607_171012.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account